Monday, July 19, 2010

True or False


7.19.2010

2 Kings 17.15 They went after false idols and became false... ESV

If God has a goal, it’s that we become true; it’s that we experience true life, true relationship, true healing, and true love. God doesn’t make junk and He desires that we humans rise to the level of His creation, not to the point of our limitations.

The fall of man in the garden is way more than a simple single disobedient act – it was the collapse of a dream – God’s dream. To be sure, God wasn’t surprised or disappointed, nor was He wringing His hands over the vulnerability of what He had just made. But God’s initial dream collapsed when one person said, I’ll do it my way, and in that simple single act became the opposite of true - she became false; and her husband followed right after her.

History tells us, if we care to listen, that going after what is true is not the MO of mankind; mankind because of sin always goes after the false; because mankind is false…except for those whom, by God’s grace and presence have, by faith, become true. Whatever we go after is what we become.

So I go after God because He has allowed me to see what is true and given me the ability by His Spirit to choose what is true. I still have my false moments, but by His grace I am a new true person in pursuit of all that He has for me.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for saving me from all that is false. To me that sounds too big and too true to be true but it is true and it’s all from You. Help me to realize the freedom You’ve given me more and more; and to go after You and continue to be true – I pray in Jesus Name, amen.

No comments: