Sunday, July 11, 2010

Daily to Live


7.11.2010

Isaiah 8:17 17 I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding his face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in him. ESV

Here is your ministry description: You are called by God to announce to your nation their godlessness and sin and the resulting invasion of a foreign nation who is going to slaughter multiplied thousands of your countrymen and take the remainder (i.e. the ones deemed worthy of salvage) into captivity to make improvements to their social, political, and religious infrastructure. You are to address your message to kings and commoners alike and everyone in between; you probably won’t survive your mission. And your family will be ostracised and harassed because of what you say. You will not preach peace, you will only tell of a coming day when the Lord relents and brings home only a select few to resettle the land.

For this is the covenant that I will make with the house of Israel after those days, declares the Lord: I will put my laws into their minds, and write them on their hearts, and I will be their God, and they shall be my people. (Hebrews 8:10 ESV)

I am not called to prophecy as Isaiah or Jeremiah or any of the others who stood and spoke God’s word and paid the price for obedience. But I am called daily to live in fellowship with Jesus Christ and by the Holy Spirit to speak and live the truth in front of all I come into contact with. And despite the chaos I see currently in our society and nation I am to live in this posture: I will wait for the Lord, who is hiding His face from the house of Jacob, and I will hope in Him, for the fulfillment of His future promises of restoration of all mankind – and especially to the house of Jacob.

Father in Heaven,
You promise salvation and restoration and though it isn’t fully here in our experience, it is fully underway; and so unitl it happens completely in our experience, I will hope in You and I will wait for You and live according to what You say and who You are – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: