Monday, July 12, 2010

my Example


7.12.2010

Isaiah 11:3 3 And his delight shall be in the fear of the Lord. He shall not judge by what his eyes see, or decide disputes by what his ears hear... ESV

OMG! What a statement with massive implications! This was the attitude of Jesus as our Savior and Messiah.

First, His delight was not power or prestige but complete and unswerving obedience to God the Father – fear of the Lord. That is what His primary goal and life’s purpose was – to delight in doing exactly and only what Father God told Him to do. In this, He is my Example of daily living.

Second, He would not judge or decide by what His eyes saw or what His ears heard. Truly, Jesus had his own opinions of the world around Him but those opinions were never a part of His conversation with God His Father. Only God’s opinions mattered to Him and that is how He could truly love people and accept the mission that was given to Him. In this, He is my Example of normal ministry.

I marvel at the visions of Isaiah and other prophets who saw the disaster of their nation’s misguidedness and the dreadfulness of their culture’s ways but were courageous in keeping their eyes steadfastly upon the Lord in all circumstances and as a result saw the majesty and grace of God in promising an infinitely better day when their future countrymen would be cared for by God in ways that would satisfy their deepest needs. I expect from God through Jesus Christ nothing less…

Father God,
Only You can satisfy the human heart with what it takes to love You so obediently and rightly. Help me God – show me my deficiencies and lead me in the way everlasting that I may be healed to live as my Example – in His perfect Name I pray, amen.

No comments: