Friday, July 30, 2010

Sought Out


7.30.2010

John 1:1818 No one has ever seen God; the only God, who is at the Father’s side, he has made him known. ESV

The middle of the name James is the word, me. The epistle of James is about me – not me personally – but the me I’m supposed to be. The middle of the name John is the word, oh. As in, ‘ ‘Oh, so that’s what He meant!’ Today, in reading Isaiah 63, I saw some names given that are what the people of God will someday be called because they will receive the recognition due them by their devotion to and relationship with Him. They are called, The Holy People, The Redeemed of the Lord, Sought Out, and A City Not Forsaken. In light of these names, today I want to remember one in particular: Sought Out.

John said, No one has ever seen God; the only God who is at the Father’s side, He has made Him known. He God, has made Him, Jesus known. He Jesus, has made the Father known. Jesus and the Father are in the business of seeking out those who would know them. Jesus and God, by the Holy Spirit are seeking out the Sought Out; who will one day be recognized globally as, Sought Out.

Since before I was born, I have been sought out by God – He’s loved me since before I was born because He sees me in my future. I have been and will always be, sought out. Makes me want to cry as I think about how terribly I’ve responded to His incessant seeking over all these years.

At this moment I am thinking about a previous moment in my yesterday that I wish I hadn’t had. I was caught red-handed and open-mouthed in the process of bad-mouthing someone. He knew it and so did I. I wish I hadn’t done that because today I read that I am Sought Out; I am called to be Sought Out and because my other name is The Holy People. Because He has made Himself known to me, I am to live as Sought Out and behave as The Holy People. Sought out holy ones don’t bad-mouth…

Lord God,
You have made Jesus known to me because You sought me out to know Him. Jesus, You have made the Father known to me because I am Sought Out to know. Lord, forgive me for acting Resistant when I am called Sought Out. Break me of my stupidity and may my life ever-increasingly be a reflection of You because You have made me The Holy People. In Christ, amen…

No comments: