Sunday, February 28, 2010

Regardless of Rebellion


2.28.2010

Numbers 27:14 14 “…because you rebelled against my word in the wilderness of Zin when the congregation quarreled, failing to uphold me as holy at the waters before their eyes.” (These are the waters of Meribah of Kadesh in the wilderness of Zin.) ESV

To my knowledge, Moses never whined about not getting to enter the Promised Land. He may have had conversation with God about it, but Scripture honors Moses and his leadership by never showing any of that if there ever was any of that. Moses understood when and where he went wrong and accepted what God said to Him about it. Moses honored God by accepting the Lord’s decree.

There are and may be more things in my life that are simply not going to be because I’ve rebelled against God. It’s a fact. The encouragement is that I am not kicked out of the Kingdom and my salvation in Christ is intact – I’m just not going to do certain things because I’m bearing the penalty of my rebellion.

But that also doesn’t mean that I’m going to quit living for God. That doesn’t mean I’m going to quit looking for opportunities to serve and to share about His Kingdom and the true Promised Land of faith in Christ Jesus. I am His servant and will always be, regardless of where I am and what I’m called to do. The one thing I will do…is get better at seeking, hearing, and obeying – that’s always a win-win…

Father in Heaven,
Your servant Moses never whined – a sign of a great leader. You called the right man for the right purpose and according to You he did very well. Help me to do likewise that I may bring honor and glory to Your Name in whatever You call me to do and that I may rejoice with You in eternity as Moses does. In Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: