Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Just Like Moses


2/2/2010

Exodus 33.13 “Now therefore, if I have found favor in your sight, please show me now your ways, that I may know you in order to find favor in your sight. Consider too that this nation is your people." ESV

In yesterday’s (2-1-10) reading, we saw that God tested Moses by offering to destroy the people and Moses – rightly and faithfully – declined the offer. My regard for Moses and his leadership soared. It doesn’t diminish at all today.

Today, another facet in the character of the friend of God – please show me now you ways, that I may know You in order to find favor in Your sight. Moses recognized he was God’s man carrying out God’s plan and he wanted to do it as rightly as he could. The man of God must know the plan of God in order to bridge the span of God.

I have made up my mind that this is the direction my life will go – please show me now Your ways, that I may know You in order to find favor in Your sight. I want to do what is right and effective and what will make a difference in the lives of others – the only way I can do that is to earnestly seek God and diligently learn His ways for me and faithfully do them. Just like Moses.

Father in Heaven,
You called Moses and he faithfully followed You. He could’ve remained in Egyptian royalty but he sought You and obeyed. He was the one You chose to bring Your people out and He asked for Your help to do it. I do too. I ask please show me Your ways, that I may know You in order to find favor in Your sight. I want to do what is good and right – in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

No comments: