Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Go talk to Lydia
2.9.2010

Acts 16:14 14 One who heard us was a woman named Lydia, from the city of Thyatira, a seller of purple goods, who was a worshiper of God. The Lord opened her heart to pay attention to what was said by Paul. ESV

“Go talk to Lydia!” That’s what the Lord said. They were forbidden from going into Asia Minor; they were not allowed to go into Bithynia – “Go talk to Lydia!” So they concluded that God had called them to preach in Macedonia and made their way there…

I have reached a place in my belief where I cannot simply go on as usual; I must hear the word of the Lord in clarity that I may go talk to whoever it is He wants; not who I want. I must hear the voice of the Lord and do exactly as He instructs or I will remain frustrated for the rest of my days. What was wrong with going into Asia? “Go talk to Lydia!” Why not go into Bithynia? “Go talk to Lydia… because I have opened her heart to pay attention to what you’ll say!”

Here is my prayer today:

Father in Heaven,

Today Lord, I surrender total control of my life over to You; accepting that I am to listen to You, obey You, and trust You to direct every move I make. I give over my hopes, dreams, ambitions, pleasures, and preferences. I give over my frustrations, disappointments, and heartaches. I will listen for Your voice, and do only what You say. I pray for Your correction and discipline when I try to take the reins back. Help me, speak to me, and guide me I pray. For ‘Lydia’s’ sake, amen.

No comments: