Saturday, February 20, 2010

You Must
2.20.2010

Acts 27:24 24 and he said, ‘Do not be afraid, Paul; you must stand before Caesar. And behold, God has granted you all those who sail with you.’ ESV

Okay, the storm is howling, the ship is sinking and most everyone’s hope of survival is gone – and Paul says, “God told me ‘Do not be afraid... you must stand before Caesar. And behold, [I have] granted you all those who sail with you [deliverance].’’” These religious guys, where do they where do they come up with this stuff?

Paul was way more than religious and if you think about it, God was asking for (well, demanding) an audience with Caesar. God gets His way. If this Caesar was anything like the one portrayed in the movie, Gladiator, then he was a piece of work. It seems God was possibly giving him a chance to hear and repent.

So, Paul endured what he endured because he was on assignment from God and nothing was going to stop him from appearing before the Emperor of the then known world; not storms, not human decisions, not shipwreck; nothing.

I read this story and I realize that there is way more to where I am and what I’m doing – I’m on assignment from God. The difference is, I can waste time and lollygag or I can humble myself in front of God with all my current circumstances and pray, “Lord, Your will be accomplished!” God said to Paul, you must; why would it be any different for me right here in Baker City where I’ve tried repeatedly to escape?

Father in Heaven,
Your will be accomplished. Whoever it is I’m to appear before, Your will be accomplished. Whoever it is I’m to share the gospel with, Your will be accomplished. Regardless of storms, human decision, failures and whatever, Your will be accomplished in me and in the lives of those around me that You love and among whom You’ve placed me – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: