Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Conviction and Confession


2.3.2010

Acts 10:46 46 For they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God. ESV

What happened was Peter preached the Gospel which resulted in conviction and confession. The Gentiles heard the truth of God and were convicted of their need and confessed the glory of God. How cool is that!?

The Jewish believers were amazed at what they witnessed – what was theirs became theirs – the Holy Spirit had come upon the Gentiles! This made their Jewish minds go whacky for a bit. But the miracle that took place was they came to understand that God loved everyone – even these uncircumcised Romans; for they were hearing them speaking in tongues and extolling God; and only believers could do that!

I must remember the power of the truth and not let my flesh occlude it. I must remember that God is still in the business of bringing conviction that leads to confession and I am employed in that process. Today, regardless of who I deal with or how I’m treated, I’m going to look for ways to bring God into the conversation and watch to see what happens. You never know, I might get to witness someone speaking in tongues and extolling God!

Father in Heaven,
You have called me and I surrender my entire life to You. I don’t care about possessions or position, all I care about is seeing the evidence of conviction through confession. Help me this day as I serve You – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: