Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Spirit-led


6/16/2009

Colossians 2:23 23 These are matters which have, to be sure, the appearance of wisdom in self-made religion and self-abasement and severe treatment of the body, but are of no value against fleshly indulgence. New American Standard Bible

As humans we are hard-wired by God to worship…but because of sin and selfishness we are corrupted and fallen. The original equipment is present but the operating system has been corrupted and so with all that God has blessed us with as humans, sin has ruined. In order then to try to fix it, humans came up with self-made religion, self-abasement and severe treatment of the body just to show others we truly have our act together. But these things have no value in true spiritual warfare and conduct; are dreadfully lacking and only mask destruction. In other words – they are a total waste of time.

I am called and hard-wired in Christ to be Spirit-led. I am to commune and cooperate with to the Holy Spirit who will lead me to where He desires me to go and show me what I am to do. He and only He can withstand fleshly, corrupt indulgence because He and only He brings true life and wisdom to the child of God who battles against the world, the flesh and the devil.

Father in Heaven,
You and only You are true. You original intent for mankind is true and though You’ve blessed us with freewill You never intended for us to go our own way. Help me to avoid the uselessness of the appearance of wisdom in my attempts at self-made religion, self-abasement and severe treatment of my body in order to put on a show for others humans to witness and be somehow impressed. Father I pray to be Spirit-led – I ask in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: