Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Be Strong


6/10/2009

Ephesians 6:10 10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might. New American Standard Bible

Again we note the presence and usage of the word, ‘be’. Paul urges his readers to ‘be strong in the Lord and in the strength of His might.’ We’re not to be strong in our own power; we’re not to rely on our own might because these are ineffective in producing any spiritual change and without spiritual change we remain naturally the same – impotent to love; powerless to be holy.

So I look at this and see Paul saying something like, “be strong in your relationship with the Lord and your times of communion with Him; and lean on His strength, wisdom and leadership to get you through.” For me to be strong in my marriage means I must be thoroughly vested in that relationship – for better, for worse; in sickness and in health until death do we part… My relationship with Jesus is nothing less than that (except that He never does worse and is never sick).

Paul could’ve just as easily quoted, “Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge Him and He will direct your paths.” (Proverbs 3.5-6 NKJV) Both these verses and Ephesians 6.10 are key to a victorious life and for fulfilled living – it’s all about Him

Father in Heaven,
You know that I am weak, broken, and prone to wander. You know that I need Someone else’s strength because I have none of my own; that’s why You’ve given me the Savior and why I'm to be strong in my relationship with Him – fully committed, fully surrendered and loving Him with my whole heart, soul, mind, and strength – fill me with the Holy Spirit to do that today – I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: