Thursday, June 18, 2009

Devote Yourselves


6/18/2009

Colossians 4:2 2 Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving;
New American Standard Bible

I have reflected many times that the way of the believer is not necessarily what one does but who one is and in Christ, we is His. Naturally we ask “well, as children of God what are we to do?” If anything we are to do this: we are to conduct ourselves in a manner worthy of the beauty, majesty and freedom of the Gospel – it does no good to serve the Lord while being enslaved to worldliness. So we are to carry ourselves as His people and we are to pray. Paul said, “Devote yourselves to prayer, keeping alert in it with an attitude of thanksgiving…” In other words, if I feel I need something to do I should pray but not as a option, but as a devotion – like two people are devoted to one another in marriage; continually on, constantly there.

I pray every time I open my Bible and read, asking God to reveal something in the Word to me. This morning, this verse stood out to me and reminds me to be diligent in prayer and stay alert praying by being thankful for the things God has done in my life…

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for loving me and saving me. Thank You for calling me into Your glorious Kingdom and reminding me to pray. I pray that my soul would sing Your praises all this day and that Your will be accomplished in my life and in the lives of Your children that I’m aware of this day, I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: