Tuesday, June 30, 2009

A People Zealous


6/30/2009

Titus 2:14 14 “…who gave Himself for us to redeem us from every lawless deed, and to purify for Himself a people for His own possession, zealous for good deeds.” New American Standard Bible

Psalm 104 speaks of the majesty of God’s provision over creation and His goodness to all He has made. Verse 28 speaks of how He cares for wild animals; it says, “You open Your hand, they are satisfied with good.” Good is what God is and does. It’s no wonderthen that His work in the world is to create, redeem and purify for Himself a people of His very own who are zealous (eager and awaiting) to do good. Make no mistake about it – doing good is doing no more or no less than what He tells us to do – period. To act on our own is lawlessness. We don’t live by law but by grace – and grace is for our success in accomplishing the good deeds Paul speaks of here in Titus 2. That His Kingdom come; that His will be done – that is our mission as His people on this earth…

So I will daily draw close that I may ask, “Lord what do You want me to be, so that I may zealously accomplish what You want me to do?” There is something for me to do and He will show me and I will by His grace, do it.

Father in Heaven,
You are in the business of redeeming those who will turn from their own way to following Yours. You are purifying those people and calling them Your very own. And You show them what to do and they are eager and enthusiastic to doing just that. Thank You that You’ve called me and are showing me to do good – I give You praise in Jesus’ Name, amen. In the meantime, Psalm 37.3-4!

No comments: