Sunday, June 7, 2009

An Ever-Present Help

6/7/2009

Eph 3.16 16 that He would grant you, according to the riches of His glory, to be strengthened with power through His Spirit in the inner man, New American Standard Bible

Paul’s prayer in Ephesians 3 is (to use my favorite word of late) massive. The presence of the Holy Spirit within us (John 14) is not a come-and-go presence; He is with us and within us all the time – never ceasing – an ever present Help in time of need which is all the time! We don't flip a switch and the Holy Spirit shows up; we don’t turn a faucet and out He comes – no, He is with us and within us forever.

That is why Paul prays and asks God that we be strengthened with power in the inner man so that we will have the spiritual capacity to have the faith, love and comprehension of the majestic presence of God within us that we may filled to the fullness of God – as they say, it don’t get any better than that!

I must quit thinking of the presence of the Holy Spirit as an occasional or part-time thing – He is with me and in me forever. I must pray Paul’s prayer for power (His in me), faith to believe; love to help others and the comprehension of Who and what Jesus Christ has done and is doing inside me that I may truly partner with Him in accomplishing His will right here in the world where I live!

Father in Heaven,
You have called me out of death and darkened separation to be in fellowship with You for all eternity and You have according to Your servant Peter, given me everything I need for life and godliness and so with that I ask that You would grant me to be strengthened with power by Your Spirit in my inner man so that by true and living faith, Christ may dwell in my heart; and that I, being rooted and grounded in love, may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the breadth and length and height and depth, and knowing the love of Christ which surpasses knowledge, that I may be filled up to all the fullness of God. I ask in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: