Saturday, September 4, 2010

Watching Me


9.4.2010

Ezekiel 24:24 24 Thus shall Ezekiel be to you a sign; according to all that he has done you shall do. When this comes, then you will know that I am the Lord God.

The other day we spoke about consolation – this day it’s about becoming a sign. A sign tells others something or perhaps points the way. Someone may ask, “What’s the way to heaven?” – you might answer by pointing at yourself. Depending on how we live is what kind of sign we are.

God commanded Ezekiel to behave in a certain manner when his wife died – when God took her (we need to remember God did it; God took Ezekiel’s wife (Ezek. 24.15ff)). But God told Ezekiel to behave in a certain manner so that the captives would understand why when Jerusalem fell – and Ezekiel obeyed and became a sign to them of their future expected behavior…

I know people are watching me. I know they are wondering if I really believe in God and obey Him or if I the same hypocritical sham they’d expect from one who claims to be a true believer. So not only am I behaving a certain way before God but also before men – as a sign to them of the presence of God in me.

Father in Heaven,
You make sure I am know for who I am. I cannot claim to know You with my mouth and walk against You with my feet. Help me to be a sign of Your presence in all I do and say – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: