Monday, September 6, 2010

Keeping Track


9.6.2010

Ezekiel 32:17 17 In the twelfth year, in the twelfth month, on the fifteenth day of the month, the word of the Lord came to me... ESV

Ezekiel kept track of his visitation days. He kept track of when and what the Lord said to him, and from captivity in Babylon, he prophesied about the nations; Ezekiel gave the God-given message at the God-given time.

One of my quests in life is to listen on the level of an Ezekiel, a Jeremiah, an Isaiah. I want to hear from the Lord like they did. I want to know the exact time and specific message for my life (and possibly for others) that I may then go and do or speak as directed. I want to know. I want God to speak to me and direct me that I may do what He says to do, when He says to do it.

So today, in the fifty-fifth year, in the ninth month, on the sixth day I learned this lesson about listening – keep track of when and what. A friend of mine keeps track of the Bible verses that to him are what he calls, ‘life verses’. He records them in a journal of sorts, and regularly reads them to remind him of the verses and the specific times in his life when he felt the Lord was specifically speaking to him. Not a bad idea…

My goal is to keep my ears and eyes open that I may hear and see what God is saying and doing.

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for the lesson this morning and for the diligence of Ezekiel and the other prophets to keep their ears open and to keep track of what You were saying to them. Help me to do the same and to do what You say – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: