Friday, September 3, 2010

On the Outs to the Ins


9.3.2010

Revelation 8:12 12 The fourth angel blew his trumpet, and a third of the sun was struck, and a third of the moon, and a third of the stars, so that a third of their light might be darkened, and a third of the day might be kept from shining, and likewise a third of the night.

Dim days, dark nights – these are the days coming upon the earth. God never intended for this to happen; God has always desired to see fruitfulness and creativity and bounty and blessing. But men have rejected all of His goodness. And divine wrath is His sole just response.

As I watch the current events around me I wonder how long this dream will last. I wonder how long we can keep going. It seems that man cannot handle his freedom and he cannot handle oppression. What we humans really need is the Lord; what we really need, He’ll give. And He’ll give bountifully and He’ll give graciously; and He’ll give lovingly, and He’ll give mercifully; all we have to do is just accept it.

Today, while it is still called today, I must let my light shine. Today, I must remember that my calling is to represent the Lord as His ambassador and through me His light is to shine into my little corner of the world. I cannot afford to be all butt-hurt over current events when there is so much to live for today. Dim days, dark nights – these are coming fast but for today, His light still shines.

Father in Heaven,
Your servant, Ezekiel and John wrote somber words about somber days when men would begin to realize that their time was running out. I’m not sure when those days are coming, and they may be closer than I think, but let me this day represent You with a glad and hopeful heart. May I share Your goodness with those around me and somehow may my life draw those who are on the ‘outs’ with You to the ‘in’s’ – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: