Thursday, September 16, 2010

Relax and Rejoice


9.16.2010

Revelation 21:5 5 And he who was seated on the throne said, “Behold, I am making all things new.” Also he said, “Write this down, for these words are trustworthy and true.” ESV

John was blessed with a happy ending – I suppose we all are if we hold to the One who makes all things new and says things that are trustworthy and true. Today is a day for me to relax and rejoice in God who never intended for things to go south but made a way despite that fact for all things to become new and is offering me an opportunity to participate in a completely happy and sinless future dwelling in a celestial city with others who’ve chose to take Him up on His offer.

I’m to relax because the end of the book is written and it says all things will be new and that is spoken by God who is trustworthy and true. I’m to relax and rejoice in Him who is never defeated, is never alarmed, and Who uses all things for the good of His children and for the fulfillment of His purposes. I’m to relax because He is unstoppable and unshakable.

That doesn’t mean I’m to drop my guard but I am to rejoice that He is on my side and is watching over me. I’m to be vigilant to learn truths like this and use them against the lies of satan and this world which say the happy ending is freedom from God – how stupid! God is going to obliterate such nonsense but only for those who’ll believe that not only does He make all things new but everything He says is trustworthy and true.

Father in Heaven,
Your words are truth and Your words are life. Thank You for a bright, safe and clean future. Thank You that all things have been made new and will blossom in their fullness one day apart from the broken and fallenness of today. May I walk in Your freedom this day with my head held high – confident in You, who makes all things new and says things that are only trustworthy and true. Amen.

No comments: