Thursday, September 2, 2010

Divine Abandon


9.2.2010

Ezekiel 17:8 8 It had been planted on good soil by abundant waters, that it might produce branches and bear fruit and become a noble vine. ESV

What do you suppose is God’s divine intention for your life? Do you suppose you were planted in good soil by abundant waters that your life may produce branches and bear fruit and become a noble life? If you believe in God you have that kind of potential; that kind of divine intention.

There are many who believe in human potential. There are many who think if you just stay stuck to your dreams, ambitions, desires and goals, you’ll achieve them – if you believe, you’ll achieve. Human potential falls short because it factors out divine intention. We might inherit the whole world in human potential and forfeit heaven in the process; is it worth it?

My mission this day (and the direction of my life in general) is to live with divine abandon – letting go and letting God. I know that may sound glib or perhaps a cop-out to some, but that is truly what I’m to do in Christ. The vine that was planted in the proverb in Ezekiel 17 was to become a noble vine under the care of God. What about me – can I live with that kind of abandon? I must if I call God my Caretaker.

Father in Heaven,
Lord, take control of my life (as if You ever let go!). Help me to recognize Your hand in my every day and to cooperate with You and Your divine intention for my life. I ask to become a noble vine that produces branches and bears fruit for You. Hold me close, I pray in Your Name, amen.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Many times I wish I would have seen this earlier in my life. Without a doubt, turning your hopes and dreams over to the perfect will of God is the best move I ever made. It didn't happen over night. Believe it or not, life is fuller this way. Of course it would be.