Saturday, December 4, 2010

Dreaming of Spain

12.3.2010

Romans 15:23-24 23 But now, since I no longer have any room for work in these regions, and since I have longed for many years to come to you, 24 I hope to see you in passing as I go to Spain, and to be helped on my journey there by you, once I have enjoyed your company for a while.

I don’t, but I want to; I want to live as Paul lived and accept the mission as Paul accepted it: living each and every day to preach Christ in ever widening circles of influence and when those places of influence get filled up, to share Him in more and more places where He is not named. Paul dreamed of Spain.

I need to see my life as Paul saw his: preaching Jesus and witnessing to others as a  normal, everyday, godly lifestyle. Paul loved what he lived and lived what he loved. Paul understood the answer to man’s dilemma and used each of his days to tell others about the Lord. Paul’s mission field was wherever he was that day. His dream was always the next mission field tomorrow (whenever and wherever that would be.)

My current mission field is a small community in northeastern Oregon. Yes, I’d like to travel to Uganda to see B & V; yes, I’d like to accompany PC out of the Philippines; but today’s mission is right here where I live and hopefully not interfering with all the others who look at Baker City the same way. I think there’s plenty of room…

Father in Heaven,
You’ve planted me here, and here may I bloom and grow for You. I dream about other places but I like having influence for Your Kingdom right here in my town – amen…

No comments: