Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Justified

5/24/2017 

5.1-2 Therefore, since we have been justified through faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, 2 through whom we have gained access by faith into this grace in which we now stand. And we boast in the hope of the glory of God. – St. Paul

Faith, is a justifiable belief, and belief is justified through its actions. Paul said we are justified through faith; and faith is action based upon belief. Why does anyone do anything? We do what we do, because we believe we can. It doesn’t matter what we do, it only matters that we believe we can do. And all actions have consequences. 

For the person on earth who believes God in faith, there is the indescribable gift of peace – peace with God. Peace with God is peace that assures us our sins have been dealt with, and there is no more penalty for our original nature. Faith in God, changes my status before God. Where many fail is in their understanding of what faith actually does: faith does not eradicate sin, but it is a vital partner in the battle against sin. Faith doesn’t let me live doing whatever I want, then giving God the bill. Faith, opens the door for peace with God and my access into His favor.

Faith in God, gives me standing with God – that’s justification. What I believe justifies who I am and how I am viewed by God. For a person of faith in God, there is peace and access into God’s grace by Jesus Christ. That’s a safe place. For the person who doesn’t believe and has no faith, they are left only to defend themselves before God and they are no match for Him. 

Faith in God, justifies my actions – that, is a very bold thought. But it’s true. Faith is the rule in the life of the believer as he believes in God, and in His Son, Jesus Christ. And the reward is peace. Not that the world will go away, but that the world will have less and less influence on the believer as his faith in God grows. 

Today, I am justified because of my faith in Christ. Today, in faith, I believe in Jesus and what He did to open access for me to approach God in faith. Apart from faith, it’s only sin. Apart from Jesus Christ it is only my effort; and it amounts to nothing. Justification is not an excuse, but a granting from God that because of my faith in Him, everything in life between us is good. 

Father, faith in You justifies a person. I am justified. That is my identity. May I live out this day in peace with You because You’ve given me the gift of faith. Amen

No comments: