Saturday, October 30, 2010

Who Prayed?

10.30.2010

Mark 5:29-30 30 And Jesus, perceiving in himself that power had gone out from him, immediately turned about in the crowd and said, “Who touched my garments?” ESV

After touching Him, she felt in her body that she was healed. Whatever the sensation was, whatever her physical companion had been for twelve years, it was suddenly gone. Twelve years is a long time to carry pain, discomfort, and societal exclusion. He (Jesus) perceived in Himself that power had gone out from Him. He whirls about in the crowd causing no small series of collisions, stumbling, back-pedaling and confused stoppage asking, “Who touched My garments?” Great question, Jesus.

Jesus knew who touched Him – it’s called omniscience. Jesus in His humanity, was on such a level with the Holy Spirit and the Father that nothing was unknowable. That is the magnitude of the God with Whom we deal – nothing is unknowable. God never asks, who prayed? God never wonders what’s around the next bend. And God’s power is out-flowing to those who seek Him – even if it’s to one simply comes in faith not really knowing what is going to happen. She reasoned in her mind something would happen and came to the Living God and found out that He was immensely pleased with her desperate act of faith – I think acts of desperation are His favorites. You cannot come to God unknown.

So when I pray I needn’t worry that He hears me; He always does; He always knows; and His power always goes out.

Father in Heaven,
You sense and feel me when I feel about for You and today I feeling about for You – I need Your touch dealing with the things I’ve been dragging about for years. I pray for Your touch; heal me and help me – amen.

No comments: