Friday, October 15, 2010

God’s Hope

10.15.2010

Malachi 2:15 15 Did he not make them one, with a portion of the Spirit in their union? And what was the one God seeking? Godly offspring. ESV

Boy, you talk about loaded! This statement is crammed with questions! Did He (God) not make them (the husband and wife) one? Why yes, as a matter of fact He did. And did He not use the (His) Spirit to make them one in their union (as a married couple)? And did not God (the One God of One) have an agenda in mind when He did so? You bet He did! And what was His agenda? Offspring that would love Him and seek Him. Who knew Malachi would say such things? Who knew we wouldn’t pay attention? I am blown away.

I see my mission in a vastly different way tonight. I see that my energy and efforts as a parent need to be focused more directly on my children as I lead and live a godly life. What is the One God seeking? Godly offspring.

I wonder how many parents in my town will consider that this weekend. I wonder how many will consider just what God is seeking next Monday when they bundle their kids off to school. I wonder what they’ll think as they turn on the TV with little-er ears just down the hall. I wonder what kind of conversations will take place in homes during the next seven days. I wonder if anyone will remember their relationship with God and what, if any, impact it will have on their kids or grandkids or neighbor’s kids…

Father in Heaven,
Thank You for the reminder of a few things today. Thank You that You are smack dab in the middle of my relationship with my wife and You have ordained that together we model and impart godliness to our kids. Father, I confess we’ve made many mistakes and I ask that You forgive us and empower us to follow You and that it may be evident to our watching offspring – in Jesus’ Name and by Your Spirit, amen.

1 comment:

Big Poppa said...

Well aimed post today, so often we worry about our own walk. We are also responsible for the walk of our children. Although, I wonder if God releases us from that responsibility when our children turn 18?