Sunday, October 3, 2010

Teach Him What He Will Learn

10.3.2010
Psalm 138:8 8 The Lord will fulfill his purpose for me; your steadfast love, O Lord, endures forever. Do not forsake the work of your hands.

In Philippians 1 there is a verse that goes, “And I am sure of this, that He who began a good work in you will bring it to completion in the day of Christ.” What this verse does not say is that I will be completely cooperative in the process. What it does say is that God will keep at it until my life expires here on earth. The Lord will work in me as far as I cooperate with Him. When I went to work at my local firm I was told by my trainer that the owner had said, teach him what he will learn.

The Lord will fulfill His purpose for me – His steadfast love endures forever; but that doesn’t mean mine does, nor does it mean that I will learn every lesson. My purpose is already established with God who will use me just as I am and will always be – He is not limited by my limitations, but is completely able to fulfill His purpose in me (and with me) despite my limitations – He’s completely comfortable with that.

I can only aspire to be fully me and to learn from God all that I am able to learn. He’ll fulfill His purpose in me regardless of where I am in the process. This also takes the pressure off of me of trying to be someone I’m not. And it also motivates me to be closer to God and to spend the time it takes for me to learn from Him all I can and to understand that I am not in control of the process at all – all I can do is be present to His presence. I can’t know it all but I am free to choose to hang out with God.

Father in Heaven,
You are fulfilling Your purpose in me and with me. I’ll relax in Your steadfast love and trust in Your working with my life. Help me to learn what I can and to be stretched when necessary. Strengthen me and cause me to walk only on the path You’ve ordained –praying in Christ’s Name, amen.

No comments: