Saturday, October 9, 2010

Access

10.9.2010

Luke 22:3 3 Then Satan entered into Judas called Iscariot, who was of the number of the twelve. ESV

Five times the word into is used in Luke 22. Satan enters into Judas Iscariot. The disciples follow a man into the home where they celebrate the Passover. Jesus tells them in two different places to pray so they won’t enter into temptation. Jesus is dragged into the High Priest’s home to be interrogated. What comes to my mind is access.

Judas left a door open in his soul and Satan took advantage of it and gained access and control over him. The disciples gained access into the secret disciple’s home so they could celebrate the Passover. They may have learned that there was someone else besides them who followed Jesus. Jesus instructed His disciples to remain focused upon God in prayer so they could prevent temptation to gain access into them. And Jesus was shoved into the High Priest’s home where secret interrogations were held and He was accused in private – not out in the open where the people could see what was going on; they weren’t given access to what the priests were up to…

Sometimes we ask, “What’s gotten into you?” or perhaps more accurately, “What’s gotten into him!?”  In the Body of Christ we ought to ask, “What door did you leave open?” Letting my guard down is a dangerous thing and I must be constantly vigilant about that. So to remain vigilant, means that I am to remain focused upon God and alert to what’s going on around me. I am continually vulnerable to access if I’m not on my guard – one never knows what the cat may drag in…

Father in Heaven,
Here is my plea today: help me to remain focused upon You that I may guard the door(s) of my soul and not allow sin, satan, or self to gain access and take control – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: