Sunday, October 17, 2010

My Considerations

10.17.2010

Job 2:3 3 And the Lord said to Satan, “Have you considered my servant Job, that there is none like him on the earth, a blameless and upright man, who fears God and turns away from evil? He still holds fast his integrity, although you incited me against him to destroy him without reason.” ESV

Let’s get this straight – whenever God asks a question from one of His creatures, He already knows the answer – He’s just making sure the creature knows the answer. God knew where Adam and Eve were when He asked “Where are you?” (Genesis 3.9) God knows everything – even what we’re thinking about; even the stuff we think He doesn't know.

So God asks Satan, “Have you considered My servant Job…?” I suspect God knew Satan was well acquainted with Job. I suspect God knew that for some reason Satan envied and hated Job. I suspect that from Satan’s responses to God’s questions about Job. Have you considered My servant Job…?  God knew he’d considered Job; God’s people are well known to God’s enemy.

What would be our response to God’s questioning as to our whereabouts and our considerations? God might ask us, have you considered My servant Essoanesso? and it might not occur to us that Essoanesso was even on God’s mind, let alone His servant. We might not realize where are thoughts are leading us regarding him or her…

God’s questions to me are to get me to remember who He is and who I am and for what I use my mind in my private moments. God knows. He wants me to know He knows and He wants me to know so I know. Do not eat the bread of a man who is stingy; do not desire his delicacies, for he is like one who is inwardly calculating. “Eat and drink!” he says to you, but his heart is not with you. (Pr 23:6-7)

Father in Heaven,
You know all and all who know You. May I be the real deal and diligently use my mind to honor You and others – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: