Tuesday, November 10, 2009

What Matters


11.10.2009

1 Corinthians 7:19b "...but what matters is the keeping of the commandments of God." New American Standard Bible

If God says to do something, it is wise to do it. If God says to cease from doing something, it is wise to cease. With all of the trappings of society around us – power, prestige, positions, possessions and performance – what really counts is obeying God; what really matters is where our heart is… at the end of it all, what matters, says Paul, is the keeping of the commandments of God.

Jesus said, “Take My yoke upon you and learn from Me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. For My yoke is easy and My burden is light.” (Mt 11:29-30 NASB) What really matters is the keeping of the commandments of God and Jesus said it ain’t that tough.

So today, I’m going to go in the direction of God and seek to follow Him wherever and however He leads. What matters in my life today is the keeping of the commandments of God and taking the yoke (or the ways of Jesus) upon me and learning from Him. So to Him I offer my best and let His mercy and grace take care of the rest…

Father in Heaven,
What really matters in life is knowing You and walking in the light of Your ways. Help me this day to represent the Kingdom well and to reflect the light and the love You have placed within me. All that really matters today is walking according to Your commands and I seek Your grace to do just that – in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: