Tuesday, November 3, 2009

The Final Say


11.3.2009

Mark 13:30 30 “Truly I say to you, this generation will not pass away until all these things take place. New American Standard Bible

Whatever we think about the current state of affairs in our world, God has the last word. Whoever we think might be in control of men or nations or whatever, God has the final say. There are many who think the end is upon us and Jesus said, “…this generation (or my Bible note says, ‘race’) will not pass away until all these things take place. It may get ugly and brutal but it doesn’t end until God says it ends and it doesn't appear to have ended yet...

I am to remain awake, alert and not allow myself to be deceived. That’s what I’m supposed to do. I don’t know any other way to do that than to read and apply God’s word and to go about doing the things God tells me to do. And I am to trust God that no matter how weird things get or appear to get, He’s the final say.

I will serve the Lord and not flinch at the announcements on the evening news. I will serve the Lord and seek to tell others about Him. I will serve the Lord and worship at His throne. My destiny is heaven and eternal life and I will live accordingly because no matter what happens to me – He has the final say.

Father in Heaven,
You hold all of who I am and what I have in the palm of Your hand and I will not fear. Yes the end is coming but You say when. Until then may I be about the business of testifying to the truth and helping others see You for who You are. I pray this in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: