Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Homesteader
11.25.2009

Matthew 21:43 43 “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it." New American Standard Bible

In several instances through the gospels of Matthew, Mark, and Luke, Jesus makes comparisons about the Kingdom of God. In Matthew 20.1 Jesus says, “For the kingdom of heaven is like...” and then He shares a parable about the Kingdom so that His hearers will think about what He says and maybe understand His words. As the conversation winds through chapter 21 Jesus then shares the parable about the vineyard and says, “Therefore I say to you, the kingdom of God will be taken away from you and given to a people, producing the fruit of it.” What caught my eye was the phrase, “… producing the fruit of it.”

The inheritors of the Kingdom of God are like Homesteaders. The Kingdom of God is for producers who see the potential of the harvest of the Kingdom and its subsequent rewards.

I am learning how to be a Homesteader. I am learning what it takes to live according to Kingdom customs and produce Kingdom fruit. God has given me territory and expects me to be productive with it. That means living out the life He’s called me to live. I will never convert anyone – that is God’s realm; but I will live out the Life He’s given me in front of the unconverted that they may see what it's like to be a homesteader in the Kingdom of God. There is only one way to do it – that is, in complete and unflinching submission to the King of the Kingdom…

Father in Heaven,
You are the King. I am Your homesteader. Help me to be one who produces the fruit of the Kingdom and lives out this life in step with the Holy Spirit; and in full submission to Your rule. Thank You for the vineyard; in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

1 comment:

hallockd said...

check out Matt 7 immediately after Jesus tells us that a plant can be known by the fruit it produces. Falsely believing folks seem to be the bad fruit that come from the false teachers.

oh, and if you'd like to check out another blog (but it's dark and long), try hallockd.posterous.com.