Monday, February 14, 2011

Wherever I Go

2.14.2011

Leviticus 23:33 “‘There are six days when you may work, but the seventh day is a Sabbath of rest, a day of sacred assembly. You are not to do any work; wherever you live, it is a Sabbath to the Lord.’” NIV

God knows the future – the future to God is like the present. God sees all things, knows all things, and can do the impossible; He is God and there is no other. God instituted these feast and holy assemblies in Leviticus 23 and 24 knowing that His people were going to be spread far and wide. But His encouragement to them was, remember Me wherever you are, because wherever you are, I have remembered you. There are no boundaries in relationships – except of course the bounds (and bonds) of love.

That is why they were to keep the feasts, to remember God and what He had done for them; so locale had nothing to do with remembering; the point was to remember. Then again, locale has everything to do with remembering – why not remember the Lord in the presence of those who don’t know Him and share His goodness with them right there? Remembering God in church is one thing; remembering Him in the marketplace is quite another.

Wherever I go in this world I am the Lord’s ambassador and I must remember that. I must also remember that my connection to the Lord is 24/7/365. There is never a moment in my life that I am not God’s. I may try to act like it at times, but according to His word, I am His forevermore. And wherever I go is another opportunity to reach out to others on His behalf – and to reflect His glory and grace as it shines through and upon my life. So wherever I live, wherever I am I am never ‘off-duty’; no follower of Christ ever is…

Father in Heaven,
You knew where Your people were and You knew where they would be – and wherever that was, You intended for them to take You with them (because in reality You were already there). Wherever I live, wherever I go, I am Yours and You are there with me. Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.  If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast. (Ps 139:7-10)

No comments: