Tuesday, February 15, 2011

According to God’s Choosing

2.15.2011

Psalm 25:12 12 Who, then, is the man that fears the Lord? He will instruct him in the way chosen for him. NIV

Sometimes it’s hard to read the Psalms and really know how to take them. Do I take them literally – or do I just sing their truths and sort of somehow, some way expect that they maybe might possibly apply to me at some point? There are several statements in Psalm 25 that get my attention:

8 Good and upright is the Lord; therefore he instructs sinners in his ways.
9 He guides the humble in what is right and teaches them his way.
13 He will spend his days in prosperity, and his descendants will inherit the land.
14 The Lord confides in those who fear him; he makes his covenant known to them.

Are these for me right now today, or are they for someone else at some other time? The conclusion I reach is that they are truths and principles all at the same time; and that my life, good, bad, or indifferent is the Lord’s; and only He is in complete control of me. And the man who fears (respects, honors, reveres, appreciates) the Lord, will be shown the way to live according to God’s choosing.

Whatever the bennies are, I must accept that the age in which I live is an age of work…for the Kingdom. I don’t believe I was sent here to retire at an early age. The biggest benny of all is this: God is with those whom He calls and who serve Him with all their heart, soul, mind, and strength. 

So if, as a sinner, I need instruction, God is with me. If I walk in humility (in all aspects of my life) then God shows me what is right, and teaches me His way. My only prosperity is the presence and power of the Lord; and I better get used to that! The Lord will share His heart with me if I sit still and quiet long enough to hear Him.

Father in Heaven,
You are my Only Hope. As I think about my life I realize that much of what I have learned is wrong and only You can set me straight. Set me straight Lord that I may prosper in You! Amen.

No comments: