Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Knowing God - Part II

2.23.2011

Psalm 90:14 14 Satisfy us in the morning with your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days. NIV

In my mind there is a beautiful place of both splendor and grandeur – a place of marvelous vistas and majestic waypoints; that place is the song of Moses in Psalm 90. There is enough soul-nutrition there to last a life-time. When I think of Moses leading the people of God out of Egypt and teaching them about the Lord, I think about the lessons he learned and what he felt in his heart; and then I read Psalm 90 and see it all in majesty and awesome splendor: the reality of one who knew God. I like hanging out in Psalm 90.

Satisfaction in this life is knowing God – not just knowing about Him – but knowing Him. Moses knew God and Moses knew that God cared about him and his people. God said, “When a prophet of the Lord is among you, I reveal myself to him in visions, I speak to him in dreams. But this is not true of my servant Moses; he is faithful in all my house. With him I speak face to face, clearly and not in riddles; he sees the form of the Lord.” (Nu 12:6-8) And Moses wrote, “Satisfy us in the morning with Your unfailing love, that we may sing for joy and be glad all our days.” Moses knew that knowing God was the key to unlocking the mysteries of life and the entrance in joy. Joy is not a solution; joy is knowing God, and whatever He decides to do is okay, regardless of how it feels to us.

Let my first waking thoughts each day be that God loves me with unfailing love and that I may go through each of my days singing for joy in that knowledge. My joy is not based on whatever scheme I’ve concocted to get me out of the current mess, but knowing God and His unfailing love for His people.

Father in Heaven,
“Make us glad for as many days as you have afflicted us, for as many years as we have seen trouble. May your deeds be shown to your servants, your splendor to their children. May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands” – through Jesus Christ, amen.

No comments: