Saturday, February 5, 2011

That Goes Over There

2.5.2011

Ex 40:1-5 Then the Lord said to Moses: “Set up the tabernacle, the Tent of Meeting, on the first day of the first month. Place the ark of the Testimony in it and shield the ark with the curtain. Bring in the table and set out what belongs on it. Then bring in the lampstand and set up its lamps. Place the gold altar of incense in front of the ark of the Testimony and put the curtain at the entrance to the tabernacle. NIV

I wonder sometimes what Moses’ helpers and servants routinely thought of him. I wonder if they thought him stern (Moses did have anger issues at times); I wonder if they thought him a little quirky (“The Lord told me to tell you…”). I wonder if on the day they set up the Tent of Meeting if they said to themselves, “I sure hope he knows what we’re doing – because we sure don’t!” I wonder what they thought when he said, “No, that doesn’t go here, that goes over there!” What difference does it make, and how did he know that?

God knows everything and God saw the completed Tent of Meeting before the first yarn was woven. And God will show His servants exactly what goes where, and why; and when everyone steps back they all go, “Perfect!” Moses knew because God told him, and he listened, and made notes, and he prayed. “Lord, show me what You want, and I’ll do exactly as You ask!”

That needs to be the prayer of and the motivation of my own life: Lord, show me what You want, and I’ll do it. I want to live by that kind of faith clarity and I won’t rest until I do… But it really doesn’t start with the big things – it starts with small things like, abide in Me. Faithfully obeying in the small things of God leads to faithfully building the great things of God.

Father in Heaven,
You know where it all goes and why. You know what I am to do for Your Kingdom as I live out my days on earth. Today Father, I ask that You show me what to do; what You want me to do, and I’ll do it to the best of the ability and the gifts You’ve given to me. And I start today by simply abiding in You – amen.

No comments: