Saturday, February 26, 2011

Dirty Days


2.26.2011

Numbers 19:21,22 21 This is a lasting ordinance for them. “The man who sprinkles the water of cleansing must also wash his clothes, and anyone who touches the water of cleansing will be unclean till evening. 22 Anything that an unclean person touches becomes unclean, and anyone who touches it becomes unclean till evening.” NIV

Okay, what do you do on a day when you’re unclean until and have to remain so until evening? If you touch the water of cleansing, to be cleansed, you’re unclean. And anyone who is unclean who touches anything or anyone makes that or them unclean. Yikes, what do you do on an dirty day?

I’m sure there was plenty to do anyway – building of fires (except on the Sabbath), getting water, both for the fam and the flock; leading the flock out to find pasture away from the other 50,000 flocks out looking for pasture. Making meals, training children, feeding children, separating children, shooing away children… I think you get the picture. But what did you do when you were unclean? Uh, sorry Ocran, I’m sorta dirty at the moment; and I can’t help you because, well,  then you’d be unclean; and then we’ll both be dirty and double the amount of work won’t get done…

I wonder what evening felt like when, at last, you’re back to the tent and Mara says, “Finally, you’re back! These kids! Here, help me! Do the dishes or something, and for goodness sake, next time, stay away from that cleansing water!

O, the grace and mercy of God. O, the boundless grace and mercy of God! Thank God there’s a Place to come and lay my burdens down – Come to Me all you who are weary and burdened and I will give you rest for My yoke is easy and My burden is light. Thank You God, for the blood that cleanses white as snow even when my sins are scarlet as crimson. Thank You, that the Law was fulfilled in Him and because of that, I am forever free!

No comments: