Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Certain Words

2.22.2011

Psalm 27:44 One thing I ask of the Lord, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the Lord and to seek him in his temple. NIV

There are certain words in my vocabulary that describe what I think about God and His relationship with me through Jesus Christ and by the power and presence of the Holy Spirit – words like reciprocate, focus, respond, give back – these words all express how I feel when I think about Jesus in me the Hope of glory.

The Lord said in John 17, “I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me.” (John 17:22-23 NIV) It all starts with sharing life together.

My life in Jesus Christ is not just my acceptance of Who He is, but also where He is: in me. Jesus Christ has come to give me life but more importantly, His life. And He has put His life into my life and says on a number of occasions that He will dwell within my being. And so it’s fitting then that I ask the Lord for the cognitive power and the spiritual assurance to remember that I am not walking around down here living life all on my own – the King of Glory has chosen to take up residence in my heart.

So the reason why I ask is because I forget. I forget He is living out His life through mine and that’s a big, big deal. I must remember, cooperate, and surrender to His presence; so I ask, and I seek: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord all the days of my life, to fix my gaze upon Him and focus my entire being on His.

Lord God,
One thing I ask of You, this is what I seek: that I may dwell in Your house all the days of my life, to gaze upon Your beauty and to seek You in Your temple. It’s the least I can do because You’ve chosen to live in me and through me – in Your Name, amen.

1 comment:

Michael said...

How can we forget that? But we do. Good words and comments.