Wednesday, February 2, 2011

The Difference

2.2.2011

Exodus 33:16 16 How will anyone know that you are pleased with me and with your people unless you go with us? What else will distinguish me and your people from all the other people on the face of the earth?” NIV

Again, the distinguishing difference is the presence of the Lord. Modern Christianity (in America) would look radically different if our hearts were passionate for the presence of the Lord; we seem to have a persistent take-for-granted approach to God; like He’ll subserviently bail us out all the time. As a result many in the church are indistinguishable from those outside the church. But what if…

The only thing that distinguishes the child of God from the people of the world is a continual and unshakable faith that God is with him no matter what. That calls for devotion on a different level and a behavior that honors the Lord. We mustn’t think we can live anyway we want and expect for God to be with us – in other words our lives must match our faith – God surely expects at least that much.

I can tell you my reader that if there is anything crystal clear to me these days it is the need in my life to be distinguishable from the people of the world in thought, speech and conduct. And that is only possible as I say to the Lord, “How will anyone know that You are pleased with me and with Your people unless You go with us?” I must not go where the Lord isn’t so that He will go with me where I am as I live out my life faithfully for Him.

Lord Jesus,
Today it is Your presence I seek. Today, as I go about my job, as I talk with people, and conduct myself in the market place, I seek Your face and Your presence in all I do. May I hear Your voice, and may others sense Your presence in me; I ask in Your Name, amen.

No comments: