Monday, May 17, 2010

How I Really Live


5.17.2010

Psalm 95:10 10 For forty years I loathed that generation and said, “They are a people who go astray in their heart, and they have not known my ways.” ESV

Say what!? You loathed that generation!? Wow! God, really!?

When God makes statements like this, it gets my attention and makes me analyze what I really think about Him. Often my rebuttal is something along the line of, “Loathe is such a strong word; maybe You were just disappointed.” Maybe He was; but this is a first-person statement and the word loathed is translated, grieved, wearied, or angered in other translations.

God loathes those who say they love Him but go astray in their heart, not knowing His ways. These are those who are either deceived, hypocrites, or superstitious. As God is the Real Deal, He is looking for real followers who will love Him in spirit and truth. He is looking for those who will check in with Him first in all areas of their lives. He is looking for those who will prove themselves faithful and obedience and who will go out of their way align their lives with His ways – the culture of His Kingdom.

Not only do I analyze what I really think about Him, but I analyze how I really live. Am I living the truth or living a lie? Do I live steadfastly and go out of my way to know His ways? If my relationship with Him isn’t making a difference in how I live, think, speak, and act, then either it’s not working… or I’m not.

Father in Heaven,
Search me, O God, and know my heart! Try me and know my thoughts! And see if there be any [loathsome] way in me, and lead me in Your way everlasting! I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: