Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Wow

11.16.2010

2 Corinthians 5:21 21 For our sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God. ESV

Tonight I get the privilege of sharing (albeit briefly) the doctrine of sin with a bunch of 7th and & 8th graders. I’d rather share about God making Jesus to be sin (who knew no sin) on our behalf so that we could and would become righteous in His sight. I’d rather share about the cure than the sickness. But the truth for tonight is simply this: for all have sinned and fallen short of God’s glory.

God offers us friendship. God offers us eternal life. God offers us a quality of life that will never spoil fade or perish. Our problem is we have to wait for these things and endure what we have in the meantime. But our endurance of human life on earth is lighter and brighter because in the midst of it God offers us His fellowship and presence so that nothing on earth may prevent us from reaching our goal of eternal togetherness with Him. So God even made a way for our disease to be removed simply by trusting that what Jesus Christ did for us, He did that we may enjoy Him forever. God allowed His Son to take upon Himself the curse of sin for all mankind so that all mankind could become right before Him. Wow!

So, between now and tonight, and along with every moment that passes between then and the day I die, Jesus Christ is my Righteousness; for my sake he made him to be sin who knew no sin, so that in him I might become the righteousness of God. And so, because of that I know I am accepted by God – not because of what I’ve done – but because Jesus is my Righteousness and took my sin issue away forever. Yeah!

Father in Heaven,
You made a way for my disease to be eternally cured by placing my faith in an event that happened 2000+ years ago. When I was born I didn’t know that but throughout my life You made it known and now today I celebrate what You did for me that I could come to know You in all of Your goodness and majesty. Help me share the good word tonight that some of these kids might understand – in Your Name, amen.

No comments: