Monday, November 8, 2010

Expert or Shoddy

11.8.2010

Let each one take care how he builds upon it. I Corinthians 3.10b

What a difference a few months can make. I last spent time in 1 Corinthians back in March of this year. My perspective has changed so much is such a short period of time.

Let each one take care how he builds upon it – upon the foundation of Christ and the teachings of the New Testament and how he tells the story. Paul wasn’t being arrogant; he was showing the importance of telling the story and living the life effectively. We believers are to be about the business of imparting the glory, goodness, greatness, and grace of God. That’s what we do. Paul likened that to building upon a foundation. We can do a good job of it… or we can do shoddy work. The bottom line is that each one’s work will be shown for what it is: expert or slap-together.

Let each one take care how he builds upon it – today is a wake up call to inspect and detect what and how I’m building. We all need grace. We all need God’s guidance. We all need discipline. In one way or another we all need God’s help. But I’m thinking about how I use God’s help and what I’ll do with it as I get it – expert or shoddy. And I’m thinking about what it will be like to present it back to God: enduring or ashes.

Father in Heaven,
You are helping me to see that I can in fact do all things through Christ in my quest of presenting my life back to You having accomplished something with it for Your pleasure and glory. May I trust You this day and may I find strength through Your Spirit as I impart the good things You’ve given me and as I build my life and ministry upon the foundation of Jesus Christ – in His Name, amen.

No comments: