Saturday, June 5, 2010


The Whole Enchilada
6.5.2010

Ephesians 1:33 Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly places... ESV

How many is every? To us, every is all, entire, complete; every is the whole enchilada. Every to you and I means the whole deck and nothing is missing. Every, is a lot and there ain’t no more.

How much is every to God? Every to God is beyond number – we cannot fathom every in God’s perspective. But here Paul writes to the Ephesian church, "Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ , who has blessed us in Christ with every spiritual blessing in [of] the heavenly places…” In Jesus, there isn’t one spiritual blessing omitted; nothing is left out; and with the blessings come everything we need to live victoriously in this life over sin, death and evil as we await the next phase of life where sin, death, and evil do not exist.

I’ve always wanted to interpret this verse and teaching as the blessings are real but future. What good are future blessings today? This morning I realize they are future blessings but also present blessings because to God, there is only ever right now. And for me, truly, there is only ever right now. So what I have in Christ, I have right now, forever.

What a light this casts upon today. What a reality is mine in Christ this moment and forever! I am blessed in Christ with every spiritual blessing that is available in the heavenly places because those places are just as real as earthly places where I am in relationship to God Almighty through His Son and by His Holy Spirit! Amen and amen!

Father in Heaven,
You are not far away and Your blessings are not promises of something down the road; Your blessings are for right now, this day – as I go off to work, and as I serve my fellow man upon this earth. Strengthen me Lord to remember what is mine right now, and that is every blessing that is available from the storehouse of blessings in Heaven. I am gifted, equipped and blessed right now in You! Amen.

No comments: