Wednesday, June 30, 2010

On Display


6.30.2010

Titus 2.5b "...that the word of God may not be reviled." ESV

Every life is a sermon illustration. Every life is a testimony of relating to one another and relating to God. Some rightly relate and some don’t. The bottom line is that all of our lives are impacted by God in some way or another and that shows itself in relationship. How we relate demonstrates our nearness or far-ness in relationship to God. The closer we are to Him, the more obvious it ought to be to others. Paul told this to Titus because he understood human interaction is the crucible for godly interaction and where the proof of the impact ofGod shows up.

What impowers goodness, mercy, grace, love, kindness, gentleness and the like? It doesn’t just happen; it happens because God is present. And the presence of God ought to lend credence to the Scriptures which teach goodness, mercy, love, etc.

If I am rightly related to God, then I spend time in His word and in prayer that the characteristics of God are evident in my life so that His word is shown to be the life-transforming medium that it truly is. Otherwise His word is reviled as faulty, useless, mythical, and a psycological crutch. Sound familiar?

My life is on display everyday that the word of God may not be reviled because of the choices I make, the words I use, and the actions I take. At the store where I’ll work today where all of our merchandise is displayed so will be displayed the reality of my walk with God…

Father in Heaven,
You chose relationship. You chose to relate to Abraham and his descendants and You’ve chosen to relate to us through Your word – both spoken as it was in days past and written as it is today. May my life rightly relate to You that the word of God is not reviled because of how I live. Fill me with the Spirit of Christ today to do as He did and to walk in faithful goodness before You, and my fellow man – in Jesus’ Name I pray, amen.

No comments: