Friday, June 18, 2010

Thankfully Looking


6.18.2010

Colossians 4:2 2 Continue steadfastly in prayer, being watchful in it with thanksgiving. ESV

Yesterday a piece of paper was delivered to our home that caused me to stop and think. Not only did I stop and think but I began to think about the prayers I have prayed regarding our home and the help we need from the Lord to keep it or sell it. Now we have notice and I was reminded that it ain’t over ‘til it’s over and God is the only One who determines that. So, I'll talk to Him about that...

What does it mean to be watchful [in prayer]? To be watchful means to be looking; to be alert; to be focused. These adjectives are not ones I would use about my prayers but they are certainly ones that I will adopt. I will be steadfast, thankful and watchful in prayer because I got stuff – and stuff happens, and the stuff never seems to cease…

Father in Heaven,
Your Apostle Paul said to pray with our not only with minds but also with our spirits. Here he told us to steadfastly pray with thanksgiving and watchfulness. So Lord, thank You for the reminder and thank You that I can pray expectantly that You not only hear, but act upon my behalf. May I look for Your response and may I see by faith that You are accomplishing Your will all around me in the lives of others and in Your work in the world.

No comments: