Friday, June 11, 2010

Born-Again Free


6.11.2010

Philippians 1:1414 And most of the brothers, having become confident in the Lord by my imprisonment, are much more bold to speak the word without fear. ESV

Fear inhibits, fear bonds, and fear is the absence of faith. Most of the time fear causes me to believe something that isn’t true (false evidence appearing real). But in Jesus Christ, I am not called to fear but to faith and in Jesus Christ I am given the gift of freedom. In Him I am freed to be a partaker in the mission, ministry, and marvel of heaven; right now today on earth.

Whatever I struggle with, whatever sins or temptations – whatever they are – these point to areas in my life where I am still in fear. Jesus didn’t die and resurrect to give me fear but to give me freedom. So part of the undoing of fear is to accept the gift He’s given and live accordingly. Most of the brothers, made confident in the Lord by Paul’s circumstances, were strengthened in the Lord to step out and speak out the gospel without fear – confidence kills fear.

Things that encourage me are the fearless and faithful actions of others who call Jesus Christ Lord. My faith increases when I accept and walk in the freedom that Jesus has given me and can hold it as my very own – no one or nothing can take it away. Fear must be dealt with by remaining riveted to who I am in Christ and what He’s called me to: speaking the truth about Him to my fellow man without fear; fear of what they think, and how they’ll react.

Father in Heaven,
You have set me free from all this world holds against me. May I walk in the gift of Your freedom today, and may I seek only to please You by using the gift You’ve given – in freedom I pray, amen.

No comments: