Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Make the Decision

6.2.2010

Romans 14:13 13 Therefore let us not pass judgment on one another any longer, but rather decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of a brother. ESV

One of the things I think about is to not be the one who causes pain; I don’t want to be the source of someone else’s pain. Pain is going to come but I just don’t want to be the one to bring it. The apostle says, “Well alrighty then, in light of that, decide never to put a stumbling block or hindrance in the way of another believer.”

Living in the family of God is living in love for our fellow family members and living in love for them means not hurting them by what I do, say, or think; there is no room for selfishness because selfishness destroys love. So rather that hurt, I am called in Christ to decide to help, with the goal of not being the source of someone else’s pain.

Today, I am stretched and caused to be more thoughtful of the things I do and say. If my motive is to not cause pain, likewise it cannot be to not interact at all – I must deal with others as I am called in Jesus to lovingly deal with them, and to keep a close watch on my mouth, my mind, and my actions. In Christ, I am called to a life of love and therefore I must make the decision to never be the stumbling block to others… I’ve got some work to do…

Father in Heaven,
Your family is a family of love and love is not to be polluted with selfishness and mindlessness. I ask to be led by the Holy Spirit in every part of my life for He is more that sufficient to guide me and guard me through my relationships with others to keep me from causing others needless pain by what I might think I’m free to do. Help me to be sensitive and obedient to Your leading I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: