Wednesday, June 23, 2010

The Blessings Thereof


6.23.2010

2 Chronicles 23:16 16 And Jehoiada made a covenant between himself and all the people and the king that they should be the Lord’s people. ESV

I know circumstances, seasons and society were different in the days of Jehoiada the priest, but here was a man determined to refocus his people in the right direction – towards God.

Many people today want our youth to be courteous and respectful and to lead productive lives but yet they want nothing to do with our youth having relationship with Jesus Christ that makes what they want possible. It was no different in the days of Judah under the kings – people wanted peace and quiet to do the things they wanted to do but didn’t want anything to do with God in the process. And so because of this societal attitude, Jehoiada took action as an influencer and made a covenant between himself and all the people and the king that they should all be the Lord’s people and reap the blessings thereof. It was as if he was saying, “The only way we’re going to make it is with God.”

Like Jehoiada, I see my life’s mission is to be an influencer for the Kingdom of God; I want to help people to come into covenant with God and reap the blessings thereof. So in my church, and on my job, and in the relationships that I have, I will try to influence as many as I can to have real relationship with God that we all may benefit from the blessings thereof…

Father in Heaven,
Lord, help me today to take a stand for righteousness and for covenant relationship with You that I may influence others to do likewise and that we all may benefit from the blessings thereof. God, point me to the people who are like-minded that we all may influence those around us to come into relationship with You – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: