Monday, June 7, 2010

Infinitely and Unimaginably


6.7.2010

Ephesians 3:20 20 Now to him who is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or think, according to the power at work within us... ESV

There is power in the life of every human – always has been and always will be as long as the race endures. God has given to each the power to live for a certain length of time. God has given us the power to communicate and procreate; He’s given us the power of intelligence, creativity, and problem solving. These are the gifts of God to every individual on the planet. But to those born again through faith, He has given His Spirit by which He is able to do in us far more abundantly than all that we ask or think – His Spirit is the power within.

More and more I am coming to the conclusion that my life – robust and rewarding as I think it is – is not about what I accomplish but for Whom, in Whom, and through Whom I accomplish. God’s purposes, universal in scale and scope, are far greater – infinitely and unimaginably – than all my right of life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness – as blessed as that right may be.

Because of Him who is able to do far more abundantly that all that I ask or think, according to His power at work in me, I am drawn to ask, ‘God, please show me what that is’ and to conclude how wonderful that must be in comparison to what I deem worthwhile in this life –infinitely and unimaginably more so…

Father in Heaven,
Your power is at work in me – what a magnificent truth. In all that I set my life to, Your power is at work in me. Today, Your power is at work in me and by Your power, You turn my heart and mind toward the godly purposes of love, grace, mercy, freedom and friendship. Father, help me to value what You value and to set my heart after those things. May Your heart be prominently on display in me so that others may see and that we all may rejoice in what You have in store for us now, and eternally in the future – I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: