Monday, October 19, 2009

Through Obedience


10.19.2009

Acts 10:44 44 While Peter was still speaking these words, the Holy Spirit fell upon all those who were listening to the message. New American Standard Bible

An angel spoke to Cornelius and the Holy Spirit spoke to Peter. The Holy Spirit said, “But get up, go downstairs and accompany them without misgivings, for I have sent them Myself.” (v. 20) The power of God is in the truth spoken through obedience. What if Peter had simply refused God because of his culture, traditions, and the then general attitude of Jews toward the Romans?

God is in the business of introducing Himself to people and He uses other people to do the work. Peter didn’t use some flashy miracle to convince Cornelius and his household; he simply spoke the truth in love and the power came through his obedience.

I am taught once again this morning that I accomplish more for the Kingdom by obeying than I will ever do any other way. I’m not sure there is any other way. God expects me to stay close, listen carefully, and when I hear His voice to obey Him – NOW!

Father in Heaven,
You empower the obedience because they listen to You and do what You say without misgivings. Help me this day to give up whatever culture, traditions and general attitudes I have about people and realize that You send me to whomever You please and You expect me to obey. Your power is displayed through the obedient – may I be one of those I pray in Jesus’ Name, amen.

No comments: