Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Spoken For


10.27.2009

Acts 28:22 22 “But we desire to hear from you what your views are; for concerning this sect, it is known to us that it is spoken against everywhere.” New American Standard Bible

Hmmm, sounds like today, the truth is spoken against everywhere. And why shouldn’t it be; God is spoken against everywhere. No, not by everyone, but certainly by those who cannot accept His rule, authority, judgment of sin, or love.

I marvel at how broken mankind really is and the lengths God has gone to save us. But I also marvel at the stubbornness, arrogance, and unbelief that speaks against the Way. Man cannot admit his condition…

I must daily seek opportunities to share my views and what I believe. Most speak against the truth simply because they choose to believe what someone else has told them and they haven’t researched it on their own. My mission as an ambassador is to speak for the truth whenever and wherever possible, and to speak up for God. That requires I live as God calls me to live so that my words match my behavior and conduct.

Father in Heaven,
You are the Truth and You are spoken against everywhere but mostly because people don’t understand how much You love and care for people and how You desire to be their Friend. Help me to recognize and seize the moments for You this day and to live up to my calling in Christ, I pray in His Name, amen.

No comments: