Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Positions Open – Apply Today


10.21.2009

Acts 13:22 22 “After He had removed him, He raised up David to be their king, concerning whom He also testified and said, ‘I have found David the son of Jesse, a man after My heart, who will do all My will.’” New American Standard Bible

David wasn’t the only person who lived who sought the heart of God and wanted to live to please the Lord. What about Billy Graham, wasn’t (isn’t) he a man after God’s heart? Couldn’t this present generation use a few more men and women after God’s heart?

God is still looking for Davids. God is still seeking those men and women who are 'after His heart' – He still has positions open. David served his generation and then at the end of his life, passed away. There are positions open today – apply now! All you have to do is do everything God tells you to do.

If I aspire to anything anymore it’s this: I want to be known as a man after God’s heart and I am choosing to live accordingly. I don’t hold a candle to David or Billy Graham, but I have God’s blessing and determination to live and walk according to His will and purposes and I want to affect this generation for the will of God…

Father in Heaven,
As a child of Yours I aspire to be all that You’ve called me to be. I know late in life I have lots of baggage, issues, hurts, habits and hang-ups that I need to deal with, but I aspire to be a man after Your heart. Fill me with Your Spirit today and lead me in the paths You’ve chosen. May I affect my generation in some godly way today and may I bring glory to Your wonderful Name – I pray in Jesus’ wonderful Name, amen.

No comments: