Monday, October 12, 2009

By The Holy Spirit


10.12.2009

Acts 1:2 2 until the day when He was taken up to heaven, after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles whom He had chosen. New American Standard Bible

What would Jesus do? Submit. He would submit, because He always submitted; Jesus life was the perfect Example of complete submission and here is why I can say that: “…after He had by the Holy Spirit given orders to the apostles…” (see above). Jesus walked upon this earth and lived His life in perfect submission to everything the Holy Spirit ordered Him to do. The Kingdom of God is all about men and women living in perfect submission to the Holy Spirit. What would Jesus do; exactly and only what the Holy Spirit ordered Him to do! The ‘Acts of the Apostles’ is Luke’s historical record of their submission to the reign and rule of the Holy Spirit in them.

Maybe after 7 years of doing this (reading in the Scriptures day by day throughout the year) I’m catching on; maybe I’m getting to the place where I ‘might gain insight into the words of the law.’ (Neh. 8.13) There is only one answer to “What would Jesus do?” He would submit to the orders of the Holy Spirit and faithfully/eagerly obey. Jesus understood the greater picture and knew full well His place in the Kingdom; if it was good enough for Jesus Christ, then it’s good enough for me.

I commit my life to strive to live quietly and submissively to God the Spirit, and to hear what He says and faithfully/eagerly obey.

Father in Heaven,
Your Kingdom is a Kingdom of interconnectedness and cooperation with every member and part working in perfect harmony to the rest. Forgive me for going my own way and bucking the dynamics of Your rule and reign. I am to submit to the leadership of the Holy Spirit because that is the example that Jesus set for me. I pray for the filling of the Holy Spirit to do just that today – in His Name, Amen.

No comments: